What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
According to whoever manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the case that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client's browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies allow for the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies store information about user behavior obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits, allowing them to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on that behavior.
Disabling and Deleting Cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. The user can at any time choose which cookies he or she wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used on sparker.io
The following identifies the cookies that are being used on this website as well as their type and function:
|_ga||Persistent (2 years)||Records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||Self||Statistics|
|_gat||Persistent (1 day)||Used by Google Analytics to control the request rate||Self||Statistics|
|_gid||Persistent (1 day)||Records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||Self||Statistics|
|_hjíd||Persistent (1 year)||Set an identifier for the session. This allows the site to obtain data on visitor behavior for statistical purposes.||Self||Statistics|
|_hjid||Persistent||Set an identifier for the session. This allows the site to obtain data on visitor behavior for statistical purposes.||Self||Statistics|
|_hjRecordingLastActivity||Session||Used in connection with the web user response function. Determine if the user has been shown the response message.||Self||Statistics|
|hjViewportId||Session||Set an identifier for the session. This allows the site to obtain data on visitor behavior for statistical purposes.||Self||Statistics|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Session||Determines whether the user's navigation should be recorded at a certain statistical place.||Own||Marketing|
|_hjRecordingEnabled||Session||This cookie is used to identify and improve ad relevancy by collecting visitor data across multiple websites. This exchange of visitor data is typically provided by a third-party ad exchange or data center.||Self||Marketing|
The use of the video in the header makes it necessary for us to use youtube functioning cookies. For more information, please visit their Youtube help page.
The use of the contact and newsletter subscription form through Arengu provider makes us use certain operating cookies. For more information, please visit their cookies policy.
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- The notice is hidden on this page.